Wine Tasting: Charles Shaw White Zinfandel

Name: Charles Shaw White Zinfandel
Variety: 100% Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2019
Price: $2.99
Winery Magazine Review: Strong notes of strawberry. There's a small hint of nuts and white chocolate, but they are very subdued. Smooth, and definitely on the sweet side, but fairly balanced.
Wine Folly descriptions (page 108): Zinfandel wine is a bold, fruit forward red that's loved for its jammy fruit and smoky, exotic spice notes. It's also made into a sweet rose called White Zinfandel.
Personal Review: As I opened this bottle, it startled me with a strong chemically scent. I guess that is what I get for getting a $3 wine. To no surprise, the taste was not much different from its smell. I got the jammy flavors similar to the Wine Folly description. However much of the flavor was masked my its strong alcohol and chemical taste. Definitely will not go for this wine again. #disappointed 



 

Comments

Popular Posts