Wine Tasting: The Delicious Monster

Name: The Delicious Monster
Variety: 60% Chenin Blanc, 20% Muscat, 20% Chardonnay
ABV: 12.5%
Region: South Africa
Year: 2020
Price: $5.99
Winery Magazine Review: Right off the bat, on the nose you get a lot of peach and orange blossom. It's okay, but not great. Everything kind of diminishes on the palette
Wine Folly descriptions (page 270 + 271): South Africa hums along making some of the best Chenin Blanc wines in the world for a fraction of the price. The dry styles are a delightfully tart and refreshing alternative to Sauvignon Blanc. 
Personal Review: After picking up this bottle on a whim at Trader Joe's, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience.With the first sniff, I got a citrus with buttery notes. With a few more sniffs, I felt a smell of celery. The first sip of the wine was great. I thought it had great balance and was light on the palette. I though it was interesting that it coated the back of the throat ever so slightly. I would even say that it had a stronger after taste then forward taste. However, I enjoyed the components of the wine and would purchase it again!

                                                           



 

Comments

Popular Posts